These are the things I cannot afford not to bring while travelling:
I always have a notebook and pen inside my bag to write down stuff that pops up inside my head.
Your phone, with multitude of mobile apps, is the ultimate go-to gadget to pass time while on a long bus ride, waiting for flights & when in long queues.
My ultimate travel accessory with versatile functions such as an alternative jacket, a head gear (for sun protection), blanket, shawl or even as a towel.
- Kikay kit (powder, lip gloss, alcohol, mirror, comb, tissue)
If you’re a girl, you’ll understand why.
An instant solution when you feel hungry.
To document the places you’ve been & share your stories with others.
- Wallet (with money, cards & IDs)
Need I say more?
I’m the type of gal who does not want to forget items I need while traveling. I live by the Girl’s Scout’s motto, “Laging handa.” (Always prepared) and writing ‘To-do-list’ is one of my fetishes.
As a result, I came up with a list of travel essentials (for women) I have noted and identified since I started traveling. I wrote down all of them in a Mini Memo pad, which I keep inside my wallet.
So now, every time I have travel plans (be it overnight or a week and even for months), I always refer to my “Travel Checklist” (found below) for the things I need to bring for my trip.
- Underwear (always bring extra)
- Pants / skirts
- Dress (if needed)
- Jacket (with hood/waterproof, if possible)
- Shoes (preferably flat)
- Eyeglasses or contact lenses (with cleaning solutions)
- Sunglasses or Shades
- Cap/bonnet/head gear
- Earrings, anklet, bracelet (jewelry)
- SLEEPING APPARELS
- Small pillow
- Insect repellent spray or lotion (for outdoors)
- Eye mask & ear plugs
- Essential oil (lavender)
- OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF
- Travel bag, day pack/handbag, waterproof bag & bag organizers (mesh bags)
- Notebook & pen
- Lighter (inside check-in luggage)
- Pen light/flash light & batteries
- Wallet, money, coin purse, credit card, IDs
- Ziploc bags or Plastic bags
- Fold-able umbrella
- Medicine & first aid kit
- Important travel documents (passport, visa, tickets, itinerary, booking confirmation/online purchase printouts)
- Board games/Playing cards
- Swiss army knife (must be inside your check-in bags, otherwise do not bring one)
- Universal adapter (for travel abroad)
- Luggage weighing scale
- DSLR & charger (w/ battery & SD card)
- Point & shoot camera & charger / waterproof action camera (go pro) with charger, battery & SD card
- Cellular phone (preferably iPhone/Android) and charger
- E-book reader / iPad or tablet
- Laptop & charger
- Portable Bluetooth speaker / headphone
- Portable mini fan (if needed)
- Power bank
- SWIMMING APPAREL
- Hair cap
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Facial wash, Moisturizer, & Toner
- Essence, serum/ampoule, eye cream, facial oil, face mask
- Micellar water & facial wipes
- Face towel & Big towel
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Dental floss & Mouthwash
- Panty liner & sanitary napkin
- Feminine wash/wipes
- Tweezers, Shave/razors
- Nail cutter
- Cotton buds/pads
- HYGIENE & COSMETICS
- Loose powder/pressed powder
- Eyeliner, Eye curler, mascara, liquid liner
- Concealer/BB cream
- Blush, highlighter, contour & brush or lip & cheek tint
- Eye shadow, eyebrow pencil
- Lip balm or lip gloss & Lipstick
- Hair polish or anti-frizzy hair serum
- Hand sanitizer & alcohol
- Oil film strip
- Wet tissue & Tissue paper
- FOOD & WATER
- Bottled water or water tumbler
- Gums & sweets like candies and chocolates
- Chips & energy bars
- Basically, foods that are light to carry & can make your stomach feel full in an instant
I hope the list would be useful and helpful when you are packing your bags for your future journeys.
Feel free to leave a comment for other suggestions you have that are not included in my travel checklist.
As inspired by Katie, I had my First Planking Adventure, with Ezra as my photographer, at Boracay, Philippines.
“PLANKING is a silly game where you find the most ridiculous places to lay face down and take a picture.” ~ katie
All you have to do is lay like a ‘plank of wood’ at weirdest places you can think of and take as many planking shots as you want. At first you’ll feel weird doing it; but once you get the hang of it, you will find yourself having super fun!
My adventure begins at Starbucks...
The Boracay Beach Resort
My friend Ethel doesn’t really care about our planking adventure. haha!
At the foot of the stairs of the Boracay Regency
You can plank anywhere you like! On top of tables…
by the beach..
We asked Manong Guard if we could take a picture inside the Havaianas store and he said yes. But when he saw me do the planking…
HE JUST LAUGHED AT ME! LOL!
Planking is fun no matter how silly you look! You can do it solo..
Or double planking..
also triple planking…
and even multiple planking with family and friends! 🙂